Sunday, January 6, 2008

Britney Spears

I was listening to her new CD "Blackout", and frankly I am quite disturbed.

I'm Mrs. "Lifestyles Of The Rich & Famous"
(You want a piece of me?)
I'm Mrs. "Oh My God, That Britney's Shameless!"
(You want a piece of me?)
I'm Mrs. "Extra! Extra! This Just In!"
(You want a piece of me?)
I'm Mrs. "she's too big, now she's too thin"
(You want a piece of me?)

Honestly, I'm disgusted, not at Britney but at how she is treated by society and the media. We eat up the latest celebrity and spit them out, forgetting that they deserve respect regardless of whether or not we know them personally. She deserved, and still deserves more respect than we have ever given her. I'm curious to see what the pop music industry would be like if we gave its artists were the same love and respect that we give to our friends.


*I'M LISTENING TO: Crystal Castles*

1 comment:

wesg said...

I think it's time you stopped listening to Britney Spears, Jared.