Thursday, February 21, 2008

Christian Music and The 90's

Today I stumbled upon a bunch of my old Christian rock tapes (yes I said tapes [and yes I said Christian]).

Three bands stand out to me. Newsboys, Jars of Clay, and DC Talk. Although this may come as a shock, I do remember a time when Christian music was interesting, inspired and talented. Sadly, most modern Christian barely music deserves the little attention it gets.

This is a list of the albums that stand out to me.


Newsboys
-Step Up To The Microphone (one of my all time favourite albums)
-Take Me To Your Leader

Jars of Clay
-If I Left The Zoo
-Who We Are Instead

DC Talk
-Supernatural


Ill provide three links to videos of these three awesome bands back in their glory days. Even though DC Talk is famous for making notably crappy music videos I've included one of their videos anyway.

Enjoy.

Newsboys - Entertaining Angels

Jars of Clay - Unforgetful You

DC Talk - Consume Me

No comments: