Friday, November 2, 2007

Colour is Intimidating



Of all the concepts I have attempted to understand, colour is one of the most devious. In my exploration of the metaphysical, I will turn concepts around in my mind, a process that will often take weeks or even months. This being said, I'm convinced that colour will take a lifetime to assimilate. The essence of colour, its meaning and its depth, has been evading me for some time now. I am sure that there are many deep spiritual ties to colour, and that eventually they will reveal themselves to me.

I believe the main reason that colour has been eluding my comprehension for so long is that it has the ability to remain silent unless pursued. If colour isn't sought out, it remains unappreciated. I have found that I often forget to acknowledge colour, and that when I stop to flirt with its beautiful aura, I never leave unsatisfied. A simple glance around to look only at colour is always an overwhelming experience. I realize this beauty and passion is right there, screaming in my face, and yet I so often miss it.

3 comments:

(kirstyn) said...

you.

you and your writing amaze me. thank you.

Kamela said...

no it's not. it's inviting

Jared said...

Intimidating isn't a negative for me kam. Its a challenge.