Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Cyclic Redundancy Check

So I'm sitting here, studying for my telecommunications course, and I'm reading up on error detection methods within binary sequences. I stumble across a method of testing entitled Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC), and of course the name jumps out to me instantly and screams;

"B
E INSPIRED!"



and its obvious that I was.


Those two beautiful words; Redundancy.... Check. What a dangerous and provocative duo. I began to question my own life, "How often do I do redundancy checks? Does my life just repeat? Can I safely say that I make a solid effort to change things up on a regular basis?".

I could attempt to think of an intense and exhaustive list of things I can do to prevent redundancy, but as you know, I am studying telecommunications. So here are two things I have done in the past (and plan to do more in the future) to make life more interesting.


Instead of listening to music on the way to school or work, I will sometimes listen to sounds. I'll listen to traffic and wind and any number of background noises. When you stop to listen to sound for entertainment purposes it can be intensely interesting.

I'll scout out colour. Colour is beautiful if you stop and pursue it.

I think Redundancy Tests should be used for more than just binary.

3 comments:

(kirstyn) said...

I think for my redundancy check I'm going to start asking questions, and really listening to people. Changing levels of conversation is how I'm spicing up life right now.

hillschurch said...

Did I tell you my binary joke?

If I did you can accuse me of redundancy!

Here's the joke.

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world ... those who understand binary and those who don't.

Jared Krause said...

HAHA. yeah you told me that one. Thats a good one.